Ninetysix and ten ... is now at WordPress!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

back again

Well I'm finally back from the big skive down south (or oop north, depending on your perspective).

Yes, it rained, but it wasn't too cold, and I met some lovely people who more than compensated for the weather situation.

What sticks in my mind is a sermon on, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." He takes away the sin of all sorts of people in all times and places, and he takes away all sorts of sin that have ever been committed by anyone in the world. Whatever you can say about your sin, you can't say that it doesn't fit in the category of 'the sin of the world,' and that's just the kind of sin that the Lamb of God takes away. As he says, "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all ye ends of the earth, for I am God, and there is none else."

2 Comments:

  • Hello Catherine!

    Hope you don't mind me posting on here, just had to take issue with your comment that it is 'oop north'. It is not 'oop' but 'up', the only difference being that you scots don't know how to pronounce an 'u' when you see one :-) I am really glad you got down though. Hope you enjoyed the communion. From what Dad's said, it sounded really nice.

    I'm enjoying reading your posts. Am I ok to keep reading?!

    Naomi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 pm  

  • Hi Naomi!

    Ahh, i get it! my mistake! :) :)

    Of course you're most welcome to keep reading! Your input will be v much valued! and i'll try and behave and watch my "u"s and "oos" for you :)

    The communion was really good. It was nice to see your dad again and all the folks, it's been a wee whiley since i was down last. This time I managed to pick up several nephews and nieces too by being christened an aunty in nearly every house i went :) Takes a bit of getting used to, like when mums in the street tell their children to get out of the way "for the lady" ??!!

    catherine

    By Blogger cath, at 9:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home