Ninetysix and ten ... is now at WordPress!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

the hundredth

Well, here's a milestone in literary history ... I think this is post number 100. Behind the scenes at blogger they tell you how many posts you've done, but my number isn't exact cos there are a couple of unpublished drafts in there for when I feel like a 'here's one I made earlier' moment. Anyway, instead of writing anything original I'm just going to direct you away to someone else instead. This post at The Holdfast is full of things to think about. It also fits in quite well with a discussion I had at the weekend with someone who had some remarkably coherent thoughts on the damage that you can do to yourself by thinking too deeply about negative things, like sin and temptation. Not that you shouldn't think about them at all, but you can't help being dragged down when you do focus on them unnecessarily long and hard, and we agreed that it's better to fill your mind with good things instead. Or if not exactly instead, then maybe perhaps at least as well, ie keeping things in perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home